- Digital Media Rentals
- HD DSLR
- Digital Recorders
- Media Storage
- Underwater Housings
- Environmental Protection
- Media Playback
- Product Sales
Convergent Design nanoFlash
The nanoFlash is a portable HD/SD recorder/player designed to mount on a camcorder. It is also suited for use in a studio environment. The nanoFlash is designed to record higher quality images than the camera itself, using the camera’s uncompressed 4:2:2 HD-SDI or HDMI output.
nanoFlash accepts an incoming HD/SD-SDI video signal, with embedded audio and timecode or an HDMI video and audio signal.
The nanoFlash records the video/audio as MPEG2 at user selected bit-rates, using Long-GOP or Intraframe recording, in native Quicktime for Final Cut Pro, or MXF for Avid, Sony Vegas, Edius and other non-linear editors.
This allows the user to choose, for every shoot, an appropriate image quality, file size, file type and maximum length of recording. The data is recorded to CompactFlash cards, in either native Quicktime or native MXF file formats.
The nanoFlash uses 90% of the same code and components as the field-proven and award-winning Flash XDR. nanoFlash customers will enjoy the benefits of all many hours debugging and testing the Flash XDR.
Use only the qualified Compact Flash cards for the specified bit rates:
SanDisk Extreme Pro: for all bit-rates
SanDisk Extreme: for all bit-rates
SanDisk Extreme IV: for bit-rates up to 220 Mbps
SanDisk Extreme III: for bit-rates up to 180 Mbps
Lexar 300X: for all bit-rates
Lexar 600X: for all bit-rates
Delkin 305X: for bit-rates up to 220 Mbps
Delkin 420X: for bit-rates up to 220 Mbps
Transcend 400X: for bit-rates up to 220 Mbps
nanoFlash Firmware Upgrade: Download the nanoFlash Firmware Upgrade (nanoflash_1.6.248.zip)
Convergent Design has just announced a new product, the nano3D.
nano3D consists of two standard nanoFlashes, plus a nano3D kit, which provides for synchronized 3D recording from two cameras with high quality “Pixel Synced” Playback and much more.
Synchronized “Pixel Synced” playback enables easy, on-set playback of 3D with the proper monitoring equipment.
nano3D may also be used with a single camera for “Redundant Recording”, or simultaneous High Quality and Proxy Mode recordings.
Two standard nanoFlashes plus the nano3D kit are used to create nano3D. Any existing nanoFlashes may be used for nano3D, thus your investment in the nanoFlash has not been diminished.
In addition, a nano3D may be quickly separated into two independent nanoFlashes.
- Ultra-compact, camcorder mountable, 7.5W active / 0.2 W Standby
- Comprehensive Digital I/O: HD/SD-SDI and HDMI: 1080i, 1080p, 1080psf, 720p, 480/576i
- Utilizes Affordable Compact Flash Media(32GB = $150 US)
- Now with Analog Audio Input (3.5 mm Unbalanced Stereo or Balanced Mono), Analog Output (3.5 mm Headphone)
- .MOV, .MXF, .MPG, .M2V File Formats
Selectable Quality / Record Rates
- Master Quality - I-Frame Only : 160/220 Mbps 4:2:2 I-Frame Full-Raster
- Master Quality - Long GOP : 100/140/160 Mbps 4:2:2 Long-GOP Full-Raster
- Broadcast TV Mode: 50 Mbps 4:2:2 Long-GOP Full-Raster
- Proxy Mode: 19 Mbps 4:2:0 Long-GOP 1440x1080
Near Universal NLE Support
- Final Cut Pro: All Quicktime files
- Avid Media Composer: All I-Frame MXF files, 35/50 Mbit Long-GOP MXF files
- Edius: All MXF files
- Matrox Axio: All MXF files
- Vegas: All MXF files
- Premiere CS3/CS4: now supports all MXF files, with Main Concept MPEG Pro XDCAM Plug-In
- Play / Edit directly from the Compact Flash Card
- No transcode or data re-wrap required
- Tapeless workflow: no ingest, metadata support
- Upgrade the built-in recording capability of your existing camera
- 4:2:0 to 4:2:2
- 1440 x 1080 to 1920 x 1080 raster
- 25/35 Mbps to 100/160/220 Mbps
- Long-GOP and I-Frame
- 4:2:0 to 4:2:2
- Upgrade to tapeless workflow, Video Assist
- Medical, Military, Airplanes, Racecars, Helicopters, Helmet Cameras
- Museums, 3-D, Theaters, Amusement Parks, Client Review
- Cinematography, Documentaries, Drama, Episodic TV, Commercials
- POV cameras, DSLRs, SDI Switchers, ASI Encoder, Live News Broadcast, Satellite Uplink
Find Your Local Dealer
Find Your Local Dealer
Dealer Enquiries? Contact us or email dealerATcameradepartment.tv.
For additional products and information, please visit: Convergent Design